Many people suffer the embarrassment of having dark skin patches around their neck. This is a fairly common skin pigmentation disorder known as acanthosis nigricans. It is not an infection and is not contagious.Aging and sun exposure are the main causes of dark discoloration on the neck. Other causes are diabetes, genetics, polycystic ovary syndrome, poor hygiene, and sudden weight loss or weight gain.
It is characterized by hyper pigmentation of the skin along the folds and creases in the body. Though people wash their face many times a day, they ignore to shower and scrub the neck area. This can cause dark skin. Dark skin can spoil your look and it will affect your self confidence. The skin may remain soft and velvety. This is not an infection and is not contagious.
Causes Of Dark Neck:
The exact cause of dark neck varies and is often unknown. Some of the causes of dark skin around the neck are diabetes, hereditary, obesity, polycystic ovary etc. In some cases, poor personal hygiene has also resulted in dark neck. Too much exposure to sun is another reason for the dark colored skin on the neck area. The condition can be treated to a certain level by the right cleansing, scrubbing and moisturizing using natural methods. Reducing the weight of the person also helps if the darkness is caused by overweight or obesity.
Home remedies for dark neck:
Wash your neck three times a day with a good moisturizing soap to wash out dirt from skin. This is the best home remedy for lightening dark neck. Moisturize neck after taking baths and after washing to keep skin moist and away from dryness. Lack of moisture can make skin dry and dark.
Milk cream works as a great cleanser. This will surely help you to gain white and soft neck.This is easy available item you can use for curing your dark neck. Apply milk cream to neck and rub it gently. Allow it to dry and then wash it with warm water.
Add honey and milk to oats and blend the mixture properly and leave this paste on neck for drying. Now use warm water to clean your skin. This remedy removes the dirt and dead skin cells on neck making skin glowing. This remedy can also be used to get rid of sunburns and tan on neck. Honey and lemon are used widely for treating dark skin. Mix these two and apply to get fair neck.
Cucumber cleanses the skin and help to soothe the skin and bring back the glow of the skin. Scrubbing the neck with cucumber removes the dead skin cells. Apply grated cucumber or cucumber juice on the dark neck. Gently scrub the neck for a few minutes. Wash it off after 15 minutes.
Honey helps to lighten the skin and it is a natural moisturizer. Tomato and lemon has acids in them which will help to lighten the dark color. Mix honey , tomato juice and lemon juice and apply it to the affected areas. Leave the mix on the skin for 20 minutes and wash it off. Repeat the remedy daily to get faster result.
The potato has bleaching abilities and this will lighten the skin.Take grated potato or potato juice and apply it on your neck. Leave it there for 15 minutes and clean the neck using water. You can also apply a mix of lime juice and potato juice to get faster results.
Aloe vera is a kind of natural skin lightener and also moisturizes the skin. It can lighten skin color to a great extent and reduce various skin spots. Aloe vera is also rich in antioxidants and various other compounds that help repair and produce new skin cells.Extract pure aloe vera gel from the leaf. Apply it directly on the neck and gently massage it. Leave it on for about 20 minutes. Wash it off with water.
Oats work as a great skin scrubber and help exfoliate the skin. This is quite effective in reducing the dark complexion that appears around the neck area.Take two teaspoons of coarsely ground oats and add a little tomato puree to it to get a thick paste. Apply the mixture on your neck and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Then scrub your neck gently. Finally, wash your neck with cold water and apply some moisturizer. Do this two or three times a week for quick results.
Mix powdered oats with milk and honey. Apply the mixture on the dark area of the neck. Allow it to sit for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this twice a week.
Turmeric has antiseptic properties and is used for treating various skin problems. You can use turmeric in different ways to get rid of the dark neck problem. Mix turmeric powder and milk and apply it on the affected areas for at least 15 minutes. You can replace milk with yoghurt or honey according to your convenience.
Fruit masks provide nourishment to the skin and help to cleanse the skin and reduce the dark pigmentation. Mash fruits like banana, orange, avocado separately or make a mix of all these fruits. Apply the fruit mask to the neck area and leave it for half an hour. Add a few drops of lemon juice to the mask mixture to make it more effective.
- Mint leaves have antiseptic properties and also cleanses the skin. You can apply the paste of mint leaves to the neck. You can also make a paste of neem leaves and turmeric and apply it, to get rid of dark neck. Remember to leave the paste for at least 15 minutes.
- Orange peel helps to cleanse the skin and to bleach the skin. This will reduce the dark skin considerably. This is one of the best remedies for dark neck.
Mix the dried orange peel powder with milk.Apply it on the neck for 20 minutes and wash it with cool water.
- Yoghurt helps to cleanse the skin and the acid present in it lightens the skin. It also helps to moisturize the skin. Apply a yoghurt to the affected area and leave for 10-15 minutes. You can apply a mixture of yoghurt and lime juice to get faster result.
- Sandalwood helps to soothe the skin and helps to regain the glow. Make a paste of sandal wood and rose water. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to dry. Wash it off with cool water.
- Add water to gram flour and use this paste to scrub your neck. Apply this paste to neck and rub it for 5 minutes and then let it dry. Now with cold water wash it off and provide moisture to the skin. This will remove the darkness from neck skin and make it fair.
- Apply potato juice for making neck fairest. Enzyme catecholase in potato helps in lightening the color of the neck. Potatoes can also be used for erasing dark spots, dark circles and acne scars. Massage neck with potato juice and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Crush two strawberries and mix it to papaya paste. Now apply it to your neck. Vitamin and minerals contained by these fruits help to nourish the skin cells of the neck. Enzyme papain in papaya removes dead skin cells while antioxidants in strawberries help to repair skin fast.
- Exfoliate your neck twice a week to remove dead cells and dirt that makes skin dark. Pass hot vapors to the neck and then with a scrubbing product exfoliate it. Steaming makes the skin impurities soft and easier for the scrub to remove it. This is an effective technique to get rid of dark neck. Use scrubs with glycolic acid and salicylic acids to deeply clean skin, clearing the dead cells and darkness from the neck.
- Don’t throw away the left over rice water. Apply this on your neck to remove darkened skin.Wash your neck with rosewater to avoid dark neck. You can also add rosewater to turmeric powder and rub it on the dark neck.
- Understanding Marketing Concepts with Examples
- What is Adaptive Leadership?
- Difference between Selling Concept and Marketing Concept
- How to Write a mail requesting for additional feature
- What are Management Skills?
- The Basics of Data Analytics
- Importance of Communication in Data Analytics
- Data Analysis and Data Analytics Differences
- What Is Data Analytics? And Uses of Data Analytics in Business
- How to Protect Your Digital Profile