World No 1 tennis player Novak Djokovic from Serbia has won the 2016 Laureus Sportsman of the Year Award. He has won it for second time after winning it in 2012.
US tennis legend Serene Williams has won the 2016 Laureus Sportswoman of the Year Award. It was her fourth Laureus Awards after she won it in 2003, 2007 and 2010.
Laureus World Sports Awards It an annual award that honours remarkable sportspersons (men and women) around the world of sport. It is given by Laureus World Sports Academy since 2000. The awards are presented in 7 different categories with the potential for additional discretionary Awards given. Awards carry Laureus Statuette crafted by Cartier. The statue is representation of the striving human form against an engraved representation of the continents. The 2016 Laureus World Sports Awards ceremony for the first time was held in Berlin, Germany. The awards are dubbed as Oscar of the sports and are bestowed on sportspersons in different categories.
2016 Laureus World Sports Awardees
Sportsman of the Year: Novak Djokovic (Tennis), Serbia.
Sportswoman of the Year: Serena Williams (Tennis), United States.
Team of the Year: New Zealand National Rugby team.
Comeback of the Year: Dan Carter (Rugby), New Zealand.
Breakthrough of the Year: Jordan Spieth (Golf), United States.
Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability: Daniel Dias (Paralympic swimmer), Brazil.
Action Sportsperson of the Year: Jan Frodeno (Triathelete), Germany.
Sport for Good Award: Moving the Goalposts, Laureus
World Sports Lifetime Achievement Award: Niki Lauda (former Formula One racer), Australia.
Spirit of Sport Award: Johan Cruyff (Football), Netherlands.
- Understanding Marketing Concepts with Examples
- What is Adaptive Leadership?
- Difference between Selling Concept and Marketing Concept
- How to Write a mail requesting for additional feature
- What are Management Skills?
- The Basics of Data Analytics
- Importance of Communication in Data Analytics
- Data Analysis and Data Analytics Differences
- What Is Data Analytics? And Uses of Data Analytics in Business
- How to Protect Your Digital Profile