For anyone who want to pursue higher studies (Master’s Degree) in U.S. You need to clear GRE. And here, we will see more in details.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a computerized test administered throughout the year by Education Testing Service, USA. Universities of the United States use GRE scores to identify the eligibility of candidates for Post Graduate Programs and Scholarships.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) examination is divided into two sections, GRE Revised General Test and GRE Subject Test.
The Revised General Test of GRE is intended to measure your verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning and analytical writing skills. It features questions that assess your aptitude to pursue business management courses.
Scores in all three sections – Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Analytical Writing are equally important to secure good score in the GRE Revised General Test. The verbal reasoning score and quantitative reasoning scores, each, must be around 130–150, out of 340. Analytical writing score should be at least three out of six.
The GRE Subject Test features questions from eight different subjects. The subjects include Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Literature in English, Mathematics, Physics and Psychology. Depending on your specialisation, you have to choose the subject to take the test.
The GRE score is valid only for five years. If you want to pursue Master’s Degree in the US, immediately after completing your B.Tech, you can appear for GRE test either in the third year (sixth semester) or at the beginning of the fourth year (seventh semester) of B.Tech. Along with GRE, you should also prepare and take TOEFL, conducted by the ETS. TOEFL ensures your English language skills. To fare well in these examinations, your learning should be beyond the prescribed syllabus.
The steps given below can give you a broad idea of the admission process:
- Take GRE and TOEFL.
- Based on your profile and GRE, TOEFL scores, make a list schools that offer MS Degree (Computer Science) to which you are eligible to apply
- Collect official transcripts from your high school, junior college, and university.
- Obtain two to five recommendation letters.
- Pay the application fee, fill the on-line International Graduate Application and Departmental Application (if required) and submit it.
- Request Educational Testing Service (ETS) to forward yours scores.
- Track the status of your application.
- If admitted, send ‘Proof of Financial Support’ to the university so that an I-20 (A Government form on which the university certifies to the US Government that you are eligible to receive an F-1 Visa) can be issued.
- Pay the Visa application fee at any bank.
- Fill the DS 160 (Non-immigrant Visa Application) form on-line and take an appointment for the Visa Interview to get your Visa stamped
For documentation and further clarifications, you may seek the help of qualified and respected education consultancies.
Some of the universities that offer Master’s Degree (Computer Science) in US are:
- University of Alabama at Birmingham. (http://www.uab.edu/)
- University of Houston at Houston. (http://www.cs.uh.edu/)
- Arizona State University at Tempe. (http://www.asu.edu/)
- San Jose State University at San Jose, CA. (http://www.sjsu.edu/)
- University of Bridgeport at Connecticut. (http://www.bridgeport.edu/)
- University of Illinois at Chicago. (http://www.uic.edu/)
- Wichita State University at Kansas. (http://www.wichita.edu/)
- University of Minnesota at Duluth. (http://www.d.umn.edu/)
- New York Institute of Technology at NY. (http://nyit.edu/)
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC. (http://www.csc.ncsu.edu/)
The admission criteria of individual institutes may differ slightly. For precise information, visit the websites of the universities.
- How to be Successful As a New Marketing Manager
- Jio Fiber in Tamilnadu
- Uses of Sulfuric Acid – TANFAC Industries Limited
- How to Train your brain
- Why It’s Important To Know Your Strengths And Weaknesses
- Foods that can Help You to Fight Cancer
- SEO Strategies for your Content
- How to take a perfect oil bath
- SAP TCode to Release Credit Block
- 6 Essential Security Tips for Windows 7