Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2012 was won by Manipal University on 8 July 2012.
Golden Peacock Environment Management Theme
The main theme of this meet was driving sustainable business through green economy. The award was given by Karan Singh on the Fourteenth World Congress Meet on Environment Management. The Ceremony was held in the Le Meridian Hotel, New Delhi.
The meet was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Delhi, Sheila Dixit. The meet provides a way for the sustainable business in the areas like community-led advocacy and action programmes for environment protection, carbon neutrality, solar technologies and watershed management programmes.
The Golden Peacock Award was introduced by the Institute of Directors in the year 1992. This award is considered as the Holy Grail of Corporate Excellence Worldwide. In 2012, The Golden Peacock Awards Secretariat received 1000 entries (approx) for various National and Global awards.
In addition, Golden Peacock Environment Management Award (GPEMA) was introduced by the World Environment Foundation (WEF) in the year 1998. It aims to promote the best strategy and management of environmental issues. This award was presented to those organizations that attain the significant achievements in the field of Environment Management.
Golden Peacock Awards – Expected Questions :
- What was the Theme of Golden Peacock Environment Management: – Green Economy
- Date on which Golden Peacock Environment Management award was issued: 8th July 2012.
- Fourteenth World Congress Meet on Environment Management was held at : Le Merdian Hotel, New Delhi.
- Fourteenth World Congress Meet on Environment Management was inaugrated by : Chief Minister of Delhi, Sheila Dixit
- Golden Peacock Award was introduced by : The Institute of Directors in the year 1992.
- Golden Peacock Environment Management Award (GPEMA) was introduced by the World Environment Foundation (WEF) in the year 1998