Prevent Age-Related Memory loss With Berries
There is strong scientific evidence that eating blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and other berry fruits has beneficial effects on the brain and may help prevent age-related memory loss and other changes, say scientists.
Longer lifespans are raising concerns about the human toll and health care costs of treating Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of mental decline. And recent research increasingly shows that eating berry fruits can benefit the aging brain.
To analyze the strength of the evidence about berry fruits, experts (Barbara Shukitt-Hale, Ph.D., and Marshall G. Miller) have extensively reviewed cellular, animal and human studies on the topic. Their review concluded that berry fruits help the brain stay healthy in several ways.
Berry fruits contain high levels of antioxidants, compounds that protect cells from damage by harmful free Learn about foods that are essential for a healthy diet.Learn about foods that are essential for a healthy diet.radicals.
Berry fruits change the way neurons in the brain communicate. These changes in signaling can prevent inflammation in the brain that contribute to neuronal damage and improve both motor control and cognition.
further research will show whether these benefits are a result of individual compounds shared between berry fruits or whether the unique combinations of chemicals in each berry fruit simply have similar effects.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- How to Train your brain
- Why It’s Important To Know Your Strengths And Weaknesses
- Foods that can Help You to Fight Cancer
- SEO Strategies for your Content
- How to take a perfect oil bath
- SAP TCode to Release Credit Block
- 6 Essential Security Tips for Windows 7
- Why Windows 10 Is ‘The Last Version Of Windows’
- SIP Vs EMI – Which is the best Investment Strategy
- Why you should sit on the floor while eating – Tamil