GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an entrance exam conducted annually for admissions to various science and technology post-graduate programs in India. This exam is conducted every February by the IISc and the group of IITs(taking turns year after year) on behalf of the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Apart from MTech Admissions, GATE Score is being increasingly used in Recruitment of Engineering graduates into top PSU companies in India. gateexam.org has proclaimed GATE Exam as “India’s most trusted standard for evaluating Engineering knowledge and skills of any Engineering Graduate”
The exam is conducted in two modes- offline and online. More and more papers are being converted into the online version every year, as an effort to computerize this exam. Also, for any given paper, the exam is available in one of the modes, not both.
The examination is of three hour duration with patterns and syllabi varying from paper to paper. The IITs introduced the General Aptitude component in GATE 2010, which is common to all papers.
GATE score is administered by these top technology institutes coming under the Department of Higher Education and National Coordination Board.
GATE Score calculation:
For the calculation of GATE Score, marks of all candidates in last 2 years are considered. The GATE score is set to zero if the value calculated by the formula is less than zero and the GATE score is set to 1000 if the value calculated by the formula is more than 1000.
GATE Score is calculated using the formula
- m = marks obtained by the candidate.
- a = average of marks of all candidates who appeared in the paper mentioned on this scorecard in GATE for that year
- S = standard deviation of marks of all candidates who appeared in the paper mentioned on this scorecard in GATE for that year
- ag= global average of marks of all candidates who appeared across all papers and years
- sg= global standard deviation of marks of all candidates who appeared across all papers and years
GATE score remains valid for up to one year from the date of issue.
Colleges Accepting the GATE Score
- Anna University
- BIT Meshra
- BITS Pillani
- Delhi College of Engineering
- IIIT Hyderabad
- IISc Bangalore
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Roorkee
- IT BHU
- Jadavpur University
- MLNR Allahabad
- NIT Jamshedpur
- NIT Suratkal
- NIT Trichy
- NIT Warangal
- Osmania University
The GATE score is valid for two years including the from the year on which you scored.
- How to be Successful As a New Marketing Manager
- Jio Fiber in Tamilnadu
- Uses of Sulfuric Acid – TANFAC Industries Limited
- How to Train your brain
- Why It’s Important To Know Your Strengths And Weaknesses
- Foods that can Help You to Fight Cancer
- SEO Strategies for your Content
- How to take a perfect oil bath
- SAP TCode to Release Credit Block
- 6 Essential Security Tips for Windows 7