If you have always believed in power walks for good health, try jogging, slow running can be less tiring and more beneficial for your muscles than a brisk walk.
Walking fast makes the muscle work harder but provides less energy, with this inefficiency ultimately decreasing our stamina.
However, jogging at a speed of just two metres per second prompted the muscle to change its length more slowly, providing more power even though it isn’t working as hard.
Muscles work too inefficiently to speed walk, so the body turns to running in order to increase efficiency and comfort, and to conserve energy.
Other than Olympic race walkers, people generally find it more comfortable to run than walk when they start moving at around two metres per second – about 4.5 miles per hour.’
The muscle can’t catch up to the speed of the gait as you walk faster and faster.
As jogging is a simple method of exercise many are attracted towards it. When overdone or done without a rhythm it can cause small injuries and people may stop jogging.
But still many jogs and find it helpful in maintaining their health. So there is a right way of jogging. But when you shift the gait and transition from a walk to a run, that same muscle becomes almost static and doesn’t seem to change its behavior very much as you run faster and faster.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- Why It’s Important To Know Your Strengths And Weaknesses
- Foods that can Help You to Fight Cancer
- SEO Strategies for your Content
- How to take a perfect oil bath
- SAP TCode to Release Credit Block
- 6 Essential Security Tips for Windows 7
- Why Windows 10 Is ‘The Last Version Of Windows’
- SIP Vs EMI – Which is the best Investment Strategy
- Why you should sit on the floor while eating – Tamil
- Top Business Schools In India