Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) Recruitment of Clerks 2012
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), (based in Chennai (Madras) with 2555 domestic branches and six branches overseas) established in 1937 by Shri M Ct M Chidambaram Chettyar to encourage overseas banking and foreign exchange operations.
The Indian Overseas Bank invites application for recruitment to the post of Clerks from Indian citizens who have taken the Common Written Examination for Clerical cadre conducted by IBPS in 2011.
1500 Clerk Vacancies in Indian Overseas Bank for the year 2012
Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) State wise and Category wise Vacancies List
Important Dates for recruitment in Indian Overseas Bank
- Opening date for online registration/ payment of application fee: 29 June 2012
- Closing date for online registration/ payment of application fee: 14 July 2012
- Tentative date for Interview: August/ September 2012
Eligibility Criteria for recruitment in Indian Overseas Bank
Educational Qualification (as on 1 August 2011)
- A Pass with 65% marks (60% for SC/ ST/ PC/ EXSM) in HSC of 10+2 (10+2+3) pattern or Intermediate/ Pre-University or any equivalent examination recognized by Central/ State Government or UT Administration. OR
- A pass with 60% marks in Diploma in Banking (55% for SC/ST/PC/EXSM) recognized by Central/ State Government or UT Administration. OR
- A degree with a minimum of 50% of marks (45% for SC/ST/PC/EXSM) in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Govt.
Computer Knowledge/ Qualifications:
- Computer Literacy shall be an essential qualification, which the candidate must either possess or acquire within six months of joining the Bank
Proficiency in Official Language: Candidate should have proficiency in the Official Language of the State for which he/ she has applied.
- IBPS Score obtained in CWE for Clerks 2011-12 (TWSS for General Category is 120 and for Reserved category/ EXM/ PWD is 105)
- Candidates should have appeared in CWE from a centre in a State for the vacancies he/ she wishes to apply.
Age Limit (as on 1 August 2011):
- Minimum 18 years, Maximum 28 years
Rs 7200-400/3-8400-500/3-9900-600/4-12300-700/7-17200-1300/1-18500-800/ 1-19300. DA, HRA, CCA, Graduation Pay, Medical, LFC, Terminal Benefits, other allowances etc. will be paid as per prevailing rules in the Bank depending upon place of posting.
Selection Procedure for recruitment in Indian Overseas Bank:
Selection for the post of Indian Overseas Bank Clerk will be based on the Total Weighted Standard Score in the Common Written Examination conducted by IBPS in 2011 and marks scored in the Interview (50 marks).
Depending on the number of vacancies, the Indian Overseas Bank Recruitment reserves the right to call only those candidates who have sufficiently high IBPS score in Common Written Examination for Interview.
The minimum qualifying marks for the Indian Overseas Bank Recruitment interview would be 22.50 for General Category and 20 for Reserved Category. Candidate should have proficiency in the Official language of the State for which he/ she has applied.
Final selection for the Indian Overseas Bank Recruitment will be made State/ Union territory- wise, on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates in the Common Written Examination (CWE) for Clerical cadre posts conducted by IBPS in Nov/Dec 2011 & Interview and will be strictly according to the merit ranking.
How to Apply for recruitment in Indian Overseas Bank:
- Candidates need to apply online on the bank’s website
Indian Overseas Bank Recruitment Fee for SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex- Servicemen category candidates is Rs 20 and fee for other category students is Rs 100.
The challan should be filled in BLOCK LETTERS. Application fee has to be paid through Fee Payment Challan at any of Indian Overseas Bank branches in cash. The fee needs to be paid in CBS Account Number and branch (as mentioned in Challan form).
Obtain the applicant’s Copy of Counterfoil of the Application Fee Payment Challan duly receipted by the Bank with
- IBPS CWE CLERK 2011-12 Registration Number,
- Branch Name and Code Number,
- Transaction ID,
- Date of deposit and amount paid in the Payment Receipt/ Challan.
Apply online by re-visiting the Recruitment link appropriate places. Fill in all other required details therein and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the Online Application form. Original counterfoil of the fee payment challan will have to be submitted with call letter at the time of interview or otherwise they will be disqualified.
The Application printout for Indian Overseas Bank Recruitment along with the fee payment receipt and required copies of documents should be kept ready for submission, if shortlisted for Interview.
For more information, please CLICK HERE
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- How to Train your brain
- Why It’s Important To Know Your Strengths And Weaknesses
- Foods that can Help You to Fight Cancer
- SEO Strategies for your Content
- How to take a perfect oil bath
- SAP TCode to Release Credit Block
- 6 Essential Security Tips for Windows 7
- Why Windows 10 Is ‘The Last Version Of Windows’
- SIP Vs EMI – Which is the best Investment Strategy
- Why you should sit on the floor while eating – Tamil