Indian Institute of Science (IISc) was conceived as a ‘Research Institute’ or ‘University of Research’ by Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata, in the final years of the 19th century. A long period of almost thirteen years was to elapse from the initial conception in 1896 to the birth of the institute on May 27, 1909.
The early history of Indian Institute of Science is a fascinating chapter in the story of higher education and scientific research in India. The cast of characters in the drama that led to the establishment of the Institute includes, in addition to its charismatic and generous founder J.N. Tata, figures from the pages of Indian history.
There is Swami Vivekananda, whom J.N. Tata befriended on his famous voyage to the United States, the Maharaja of Mysore, Shri Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV and his mother then acting on his behalf, and Lord Curzon the Viceroy of India, whose first task on arrival on December 31, 1898 was to receive a draft proposal prepared by the Provisional Committee set up to plan the establishment of the Institute. The plan was shepherded through many difficult years by Burjorji Padshah, a close associate of J.N. Tata.
Unfortunately, J.N. Tata died in 1904 unaware that his vision would indeed be realized a few years later. When the British Government finally issued the Vesting Order in 1909, an unmatched experiment in higher education and research was launched in India. IISc is truly the first example of a public-private partnership in this country; an institution, whose evolution over a century is testimony to the robustness of its foundations.
- Eligibility: BCA, BE/B.Tech, BSc(Computer Science, Information Technology), MCA, MSc(Computer Science)
- Location: Bangalore
- Job Category: Govt Sector, Others
- Last Date: 13 July 12
Total Vacancy in Indian Institute of Science:
- General-5, OBC-2, SC-2, ST-1
Indian Institute of Science inviting application for the post of Jr System Administrator / System Administrator
Qualification for Junior System Administrator (Rs.6000 P.M):
- BCA/B.Sc.(Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology),
Qualification for System Administrator (Rs.7500 P.M) :
- MCA/M.Sc.(Computer Science), BE/BTech in any one of the following Disciplines: Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology, Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics, and Telecommunication
Skills Required for Indian Institute of Science System Administrators Recruitment:
- Knowledge of C programming and UNIX are required.
Application Fee for Indian Institute of Science System Administrators Recruitment:
- Rs.150/- for GM,OBC and Rs.75/- for SC/ST ( No fee for PH candidates).
Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of The Registrar,Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-560012 payable at Bangalore.
Examination Centre for Indian Institute of Science System Administrators Recruitment:
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Last Date for Online Registration : 13th July 2012,
Last Date for receiving Application: 16th July 2012