India to become world’s largest economy by 2050
Surpassing China, India will become the world’s largest economy by 2050, says a report.
“China will overtake the US to become the world’s largest economy by 2020, which in turn will be overtaken by India in 2050,” according to Wealth Report 2012 by Knight Frank & Citi Private Bank.
As per the report, Indian economy will reach $ 85.97 trillion size in terms of purchasing power parity by 2050, while the Chinese GDP would be $ 80.02 trillion during the same period.
The US — currently the world’s largest economy — is expected to have a GDP of $ 39.07 trillion by 2050.
Other nations in the top ten list of world’s largest economies would be Indonesia (4th), Brazil (5th), Nigeria (6th), Russia (7th), Mexico (8th), Japan (9th) and Egypt (10th).
In terms of growth from 2010-2050, India would be the second fastest with its economy growing at the rate of eight per cent in the period.
With a pace of 8.5 per cent, Nigeria would be the fastest growing economy during the same period, the report said.
In 2010, India was world’s fourth largest economy with a value of $ 3.92 trillion compared to China’s $ 9.98 trillion and America’s $ 14.12 trillion.
Incoming Search Terms:
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- How to Train your brain
- Why It’s Important To Know Your Strengths And Weaknesses
- Foods that can Help You to Fight Cancer
- SEO Strategies for your Content
- How to take a perfect oil bath
- SAP TCode to Release Credit Block
- 6 Essential Security Tips for Windows 7
- Why Windows 10 Is ‘The Last Version Of Windows’
- SIP Vs EMI – Which is the best Investment Strategy
- Why you should sit on the floor while eating – Tamil