General Knowledge Question and Answers [18-12-2014]
General knowledge is an important component of crystallized intelligence and is strongly associated with general intelligence, and with openness to experience. Studies have found that people who are highly knowledgeable in a particular domain tend to be knowledgeable in many.
General knowledge has been defined in differential psychology as “culturally valued knowledge communicated by a range of non-specialist media” and encompassing a wide subject range. This definition excludes highly specialized learning that can only be obtained with extensive training and information confined to a single medium. General knowledge is thought to be supported by long-term semantic memory ability. Here are the General Knowledge Questions and Answers for 18-12-2014.
1. Guwahati High Court is the judicature of
- Arunachal Pradesh
- All of the above
2. Friction can be reduced by changing from
- Sliding to rolling
- Rolling to sliding
- Potential energy to kinetic energy
- Dynamic to static
3. During eleventh Antarctic Expedition in Nov. 1991/March 1992 ____ was installed.
- SODAR (SOnic Detection And Ranging)
- Second Permanent Station ‘Maitree’
- First permanent station ‘Dakshin Gangotri’
- None of the above
SODAR (SOnic Detection And Ranging), also written as sodar, is a meteorological instrument also known as a wind profiler which measures the scattering of sound waves by atmospheric turbulence.
4. From the following, choose the set in which names of Secretary-Generals of the UNO are arranged in correct chronological order?
- U Thant, Kurt Waldheim, Dag Hammarskjoeld, Trygve Lie.
- Trygve Lie, Dag Hammarskjoeld, U Thant, Kurt Waldheim.
- Trygve Lie, U Thant , Dag Hammarskjoeld, Kurt Waldheim.
- U Thant, Dag Hammarskjoeld, Trygve Lie, Kurt Waldheim.
5. Fire temple is the place of worship of which of the following religion?
- Zoroastrianism (Parsi Religion)
6. Film and TV institute of India is located at
- Pune (Maharashtra)
- Rajkot (Gujarat)
- Pimpri (Maharashtra)
- Perambur (Tamilnadu)
7. Georgia, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan became the members of UNO in
8. Guru Gobind Singh was
- The 10th Guru of the Sikhs
- Founder of Khalsa, the inner council of the Sikhs in 1699
- Author of Dasam Granth
- All the above
Guru Gobind Singh (1666-1708). The 10th Guru of the Sikhs who founded the Khalsa the inner council of the Sikhs in 1699. He is said to be the author of Dasam Granth.
9. Hermann Scheer (Germany) received right Livelihood Award in 1999 for
- His indefatigable work for thepromotion of solar energy worldwide
- His long standing efforts to end the impunity of dictators
- Showing that organic agriculture is a key to both environmental sustainability and food security
- None of the above
10. Germany signed the Armistice Treaty on ____ and World War I ended
- January 19, 1918
- May 30, 1918
- November 11, 1918
- February 15, 1918
11. During World War II, when did Germany attack France?
12. Frederick Sanger is a twice recipient of the Nobel Prize for
- Chemistry in 1958 and 1980
- Physics in 1956 and 1972
- Chemistry in 1954 and Peace in 1962
- Physics in 1903 and Chemistry in 1911
Frederick Sanger, Born Aug. 13, 1918, Rendcombe, Gloucestershire, England. English biochemist who was twice the recipient of the Nobel Prize for Chemistry. He was awarded the prize in 1958 for his determination of the structure of the insulin molecule. He shared the prize (with Paul Berg and Walter Gilbert) in 1980 for his determination of base sequences in nucleic acids. Sanger was only the fourth two-time recipient of the Nobel Prize.
13. The ozone layer restricts
- Visible light
- Infrared radiation
- X-rays and gamma rays
- Ultraviolet radiation
14. Eugenics is the study of
- altering human beings by changing their genetic components
- people of European origin
- different races of mankind
- genetic of plants
- Understanding Marketing Concepts with Examples
- What is Adaptive Leadership?
- Difference between Selling Concept and Marketing Concept
- How to Write a mail requesting for additional feature
- What are Management Skills?
- The Basics of Data Analytics
- Importance of Communication in Data Analytics
- Data Analysis and Data Analytics Differences
- What Is Data Analytics? And Uses of Data Analytics in Business
- How to Protect Your Digital Profile