General Knowledge Question and Answers [17-12-2014]
General knowledge is an important component of crystallized intelligence and is strongly associated with general intelligence, and with openness to experience. Studies have found that people who are highly knowledgeable in a particular domain tend to be knowledgeable in many.
General knowledge has been defined in differential psychology as “culturally valued knowledge communicated by a range of non-specialist media” and encompassing a wide subject range. This definition excludes highly specialized learning that can only be obtained with extensive training and information confined to a single medium. General knowledge is thought to be supported by long-term semantic memory ability. Here are the General Knowledge Questions and Answers for 17-12-2014.
1. Exposure to sunlight helps a person improve his health because
- the infrared light kills bacteria in the body
- resistance power increases
- the pigment cells in the skin get stimulated and produce a healthy tan
- the ultraviolet rays convert skin oil into Vitamin D
2. Golf player Vijay Singh belongs to which country?
3. Guarantee to an exporter that the importer of his goods will pay immediately for the goods ordered by him, is known as
- Letter of Credit (L/C)
- None of the above
4. First Afghan War took place in
5. Gulf cooperation council was originally formed by
- Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates
- Second World Nations
- Third World Nations
- Fourth World Nations
Gulf cooperation council was created on May 25, 1981, the 630-million-acre (2,500,000 km2) Council comprises the Persian Gulf states of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
The unified economic agreement between the countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council was signed on November 11, 1981 in Abu Dhabi. These countries are often referred to as The GCC States.
6. First China War was fought between
- China and Britain
- China and France
- China and Egypt
- China and Greek
7. Dumping is
- selling of goods abroad at a price well below the production cost at the home market price
- the process by which the supply of a manufacture’s product remains low in the domestic market, which batches him better price
- prohibited by regulations of GATT
- All of the above
Dumping is a term that is used in financial markets as well as in international trade. In the context of buying and selling securities, dumping refers to the practice of selling large blocks of securities. More specifically, when dumping securities the seller is primarily interested in getting rid of the securities at any price. One simply dumps, or unloads, on the market with no regard to the selling price of the securities.
Dumping is also used in a commercial sense in the context of international trade. It refers to the practice of one country selling commodities or finished products in another country below cost or fair market value. Predatory dumping occurs when one nation exports goods to another nation below cost or fair market value in order to obtain market share at the expense of domestic competitors. In many cases, predatory dumping drives out domestic competition. Then, having established a dominant marketing position in the industry, the predatory dumpers raise their prices well above previous levels.
Many nations, including the United States, have enacted antidumping laws that provide for the imposition of antidumping penalties or tariffs when a case of dumping can be proven. Following the Uruguay Round of Multilateral Trade Negotiations in 1993, the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) contained provisions to standardize antidumping measures by different nations. Antidumping measures affect not only the practice of dumping goods into the U.S. market, they also affect the ability of U.S. companies to export goods to other countries at competitive prices.
8. For the Olympics and World Tournaments, the dimensions of basketball court are
- 26 m x 14 m
28 m x 15 m
- 27 m x 16 m
- 28 m x 16 m
9. Federation Cup, World Cup, Allywyn International Trophy and Challenge Cup are awarded to winners of
10. Each year World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day is celebrated on
- May 8
- May 18
- June 8
- June 18
11. Famous sculptures depicting art of love built some time in 950 AD – 1050 AD are
- Khajuraho temples
- Jama Masjid
- Sun temple
- Mahabalipuram temples
12. Gravity setting chambers are used in industries to remove
- suspended particulate matter
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- How to Train your brain
- Why It’s Important To Know Your Strengths And Weaknesses
- Foods that can Help You to Fight Cancer
- SEO Strategies for your Content
- How to take a perfect oil bath
- SAP TCode to Release Credit Block
- 6 Essential Security Tips for Windows 7
- Why Windows 10 Is ‘The Last Version Of Windows’
- SIP Vs EMI – Which is the best Investment Strategy
- Why you should sit on the floor while eating – Tamil