1. ‘Phaeton’ is a full-size luxury sedan launched by:
a. Audi b. Volkswagen c. BMW d. Daimler
2. Global private equity major Warburg Pincus has sold its 3.6% stake in which bank for about Rs.1,400 crore?
a. HDFC Bank b. Kotak Mahindra Bank c. ICICI Bank d. Yes Bank
3. Tatra is
a. A vehicle manufacturer from the Czech Republic b. A drug that increases the life expectancy of the elderly c. A new variety of Bt Cotton developed by Monsanto d. A new operating system developed by Samsung
4. The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a regional development bank established to facilitate development of countries in Asia. It is headquartered in:
a. Singapore b. Philippines c. Japan d. Malaysia
5. Recently, the state-owned Kudremukh Iron Ore Company Ltd (KIOCL), signed a contract for exploration, development, and mining in the Akjoujt Iron Ore project at Mauritania in West Africa, with which of the following companies?
a. Curve Capital Ventures b. South African Mining c. Talvivaara Mining Company Plc d. North Bay Resources Inc
6. Which of the following server chips has recently been launched by Intel Corp?
a. 64-bit ARM server chip b. Opteron 6200 c. Opteron 4200 d. Xeon E5-2600
7. Which of the following countries is India’s second largest supplier of crude oil – against which western countries have imposed sanctions?
a. Iraq b. Iran b. Russia d. Saudi Arabia
8. Who is the current chairman and chief executive ofﬁ cer of Pepsico?
a. John Compton b. Pamela Culpepper c. Indira K Nooyi d. Josh Luis Parado
9. Which IT company has launched the ‘MyEdu tablet’ in India?
a. HCL b. Wipro c. Dell d. Samsung
10. Which of the following California-based companies has recently been acquired by chipmaker AMD for $334 million?
a. Antec b. SeaMicro c. Intel d. Memorex
11. Which motorcycle company has launched its gearless scooter portfolio with the launch of the Swish 125?
a. Suzuki Motors b. Hero MotoCorp c. Bajaj Motorcycles d. Honda Motorcycles
12. The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) recently launched a single premium plan called:
a. Jeevan Chhaya b. Jeevan Nidhi c. Jeevan Vriddhi d. Jeevan Saathi
13. Kobelco Cranes India Pvt. Ltd (KCI), which is a part of the Kobelco Cranes Company, has commenced production at its hydraulic crane manufacturing in Andhra Pradesh. This company belongs to:
a. South Korea b. Germany c. Japan d. Sweden
14. AP Choudhary is the current Chairman-cum-Managing Director of:
a. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) b. Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) c. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) d. Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL)
15. Which of the following state governments has decided to give cycles to the girls studying in Classes XI and XII under the ‘Mai Bhago Vidya scheme’?
a. Punjab b. Haryana c. West Bengal d. Himachal Pradesh
16. To improve corporate governance, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs has constituted a committee headed by:
a. Kiran Majumdar Shaw b. Adi Godrej c. Sidharth Birla d. MK Chanu
17. The Indian Government has imposed anti-dumping duty for ﬁ ve years on imports of phosphoric acid from Israel and:
a. China b. Canada c. South Korea d. Taiwan
18. A unique scheme, titled ‘Master Health Card’, of the Rahbar Group of Companies, was launched in:
a. Andhra Pradesh b. Uttar Pradesh c. Karnataka d. New Delhi
19. According to the International Air Transport Association (IATA), India recently experienced the second-strongest domestic air trafﬁ c growth (at 12.3%) among the major domestic markets in the world after:
a. USA b. Brazil c. Saudi Arabia d. Russia
20. Who is the current Director General of the World Trade Organisation?
a. Pascal Lamy b. Supachai Panitchpakdi c. Mike Moore d. Renato Ruggiero
21. Which telecom company has selected ZTE Corporation to plan, design, supply, and deploy its 4G network in Kolkata?
a. Idea b. Bharti Airtel c. Reliance d. BSNL
22. The GSM Association has said that 3G mobile connections in India are expected to grow to more than 10 crore by 2014 – the highest in the world – while India would become the second largest mobile broadband market globally within the next four years after:
a. USA b. South Korea c. UK d. China
23. ‘Mini Countryman’ is a SUV car launched by:
a. Hyundai b. BMW c. Volkswagen d. Toyota
24. Which of the following countries is the world’s most nuclear-dependent country, deriving 75% of its electricity needs from 58 reactors and has been a leading international proponent of atomic energy?
a. France b. Canada c. Sweden d. Japan
25. Pratt & Whitney is an aerospace manufacturer and leading supplier of aerospace engines, space propulsion systems, and industrial gas turbines. Its headquarters are located in:
a. France b. UK c. Canada d. USA
26. Which of the following railway stations has bagged the ‘Best Tourist Friendly Railway Station’ award for 2010-11?
a. Madgaon railway station b. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai c. New Delhi Railway Station d. Mangalore railway station
27. Who among the following is the current Chairman and CEO of General Motors?
a. Daniel F Akerson b. Edward Whitacre c. Frederick Henderson d. Stephen J Girsky
28. Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) has a joint venture with which of the following country’s aeronautical manufacturing company, ‘Aerostar’?
a. Italy b. Germany c. Romania d. South Africa
29. Which of the following motor companies will launch a new bike in 250cc categories under Korean brand ‘Hyosung’?
a. Garware Motors b. TVS Motors c. LML d. Honda Motors
30. US-based New York Life has recently sold its 26% stake in Max New York Life Insurance to which of the following insurance companies for Rs.2,731 crore?
a. Aviva b. Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (MSI) c. MetLife d. American International Group (AIG)
Current Affairs Answers – 2012-2:
- (b) Volkswagen
- (b) Kotak Mahindra Bank
- (a) A vehicle manufacturer from the Czech Republic
- (b) Philippines
- (a) Curve Capital Ventures
- (d) Xeon E5-2600
- (b) Iran
- (c) Indira K Nooyi
- (a) HCL
- (b) SeaMicro
- (a) Suzuki Motors
- (c) Jeevan Vriddhi
- (a) Japan
- (b) Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL)
- (a) Punjab
- (b) Adi Godrej
- (d) Taiwan
- (a) Andhra Pradesh
- (b) Brazil
- (a) Pascal Lamy
- (b) Bharti Airtel
- (d) China
- (a) BMW
- (a) France
- (d) USA
- (c) New Delhi Railway Station
- (a) Daniel F Akerson
- (c) Romania
- (a) Garware Motors
- (b) Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (MSI)