1. Which of the following countries is not a member of the elite league of six nations that have nuclear-powered submarines?
a. China b. India c. Germany d. UK
2. Who amongst the following has been awarded the prestigious ‘Dadasaheb Phalke award’ for the year 2012?
a. Manna Dey b. Soumitra Chatterjee c. VK Murthy d. K Balachander
3. Tiger Woods’ former swing coach, Hank Haney, has written a book about his time working with the golfer. The name of the book is:
a. The Lord of the Rings b. Rules of Attraction c. Strong Motion d. The Big Miss
4. The Titanic, with 2,200 people on board, departed from which of the following British ports on 10 April 1912, for its fateful voyage from Europe to the US?
a. Port of Southampton b. Port of Barrow c. Port of Swansea d. Port of Immingham
5. According to a report from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), which country is the secondlargest weapons importer?
a. Pakistan b. India c. China d. South Korea
6. The Para Athletics National Championship 2012 was held in:
a. Hyderabad b. Gurgaon c. Bhopal d. Bengaluru
7. Who among the following politicians has been declared the winner of the prestigious ‘International Jurists Award-2012’?
a. Sheila Dixit b. Nitish Kumar c. Narendra Modi d. Mulayam Singh Yadav
8. Oil has been discovered for the ﬁrst time in which East African nation recently?
a. Kenya b. Tanzania c. Burundi d. Uganda
9. Who among the following is the surprise choice of US President Barack Obama for the post of World Bank president?
a. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala b. Jim Yong Kim c. Jose Antonio Ocampo d. Robert Zoellick
10. After WWE wrestler Great Khali, who is the second sportsperson keen on opening a cricket academy in Himachal Pradesh?
a. Suresh Raina b. Yuvraj Singh c. Mahendra Singh Dhoni d. Harbhajan Singh
11. To promote institutional deliveries, create awareness and ‘responsibility towards health’ in pregnant women, which of the following states has recently introduced the ‘Surakshit Maa’ and ‘Swasth Maa’ awards?
a. Bihar b. Haryana c. Madhya Pradesh d. New Delhi
12. The Prime Minister has appointed a panel on the feasibility of executing the controversial Sethusamudram project through Dhanuskodi instead of routing it through Rama Sethu. The committee is headed by:
a. Vandana Shiva b. Ashok Khosla c. T Srinivasa Rao d. RK Pachauri
13. The Ladakh International Film Festival (LIFF), the ﬁ rst international ﬁ lm festival in Ladakh and the highest-altitude ﬁ lm festival at 13,500 feet above sea level, will begin from:
a. 15 June 2012 b. 29 March 2012 c. 15 April 2012 d. 29 May 2012
14. Ms Tawakul Karman, titled the ‘Mother of the Revolution’, was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize 2011. She belongs to:
a. Kenya b. Liberia c. Yemen d. Morocco
15. The ﬁrst World Sparrow Day was celebrated (in 2010) across the globe to celebrate the beauty of the house sparrow. The World Sparrow Day is observed on:
a. 21 March b. 20 March c. 5 January d. 27 January
16. The ‘Pudhu Vazvu Thittam’ scheme has been launched in which of the following states with the aim of improving livelihood activities of the poorest of the poor, differently abled, destitute widows, and orphaned women?
a. Tamil Nadu b. Kerala c. Karnataka d. Andhra Pradesh
17. Who has been chosen for the Chameli Devi Jain award?
a. Shailaja Bajpai b. Aruna Sharma c. Tusha Mittal d. Shahina K.K
18. Which Indian NGO was selected for the US’ ﬁ rst ‘Innovation Award for the Empowerment of Women and Girls’ for training and organising wastepickers and eliminating child labour from recycling?
a. Pahal b. Smile foundation c. HelpAge India d. Chintan
19. Who among the following is the current Director-General of the United Nations Educational Scientiﬁ c and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)?
a. Irina Bokova b. Luther Evans c. Koïchiro Matsuura d. Federico Mayor Zaragoza
20. Tihar Prison became the ﬁ rst jail in the country to attain near total literacy among inmates. Which of the following programmes has been launched in Tihar jail in collaboration with the National Literacy Mission?
a. ‘Aao Padhein’ b. ‘Padho aur Padhao’ c. ‘Padhana Likhana Sikho’ d. ‘Aao Sakshar Bane’
21. Which of the following social activists recently became a part of the ‘Global March to Jerusalem’ to uphold secularism in the region?
a. Swami Agnivesh b. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar c. Anna Hazare d. Medha Patkar
22. Recently, which of the following countries qualiﬁed for the silver medal in the women’s 4x400m relay of the last Asian athletics championships due to the disqualiﬁ cation of athletes from Kazakhstan and Iraq?
a. Sri Lanka b. Pakistan c. India d. China
23. ‘Malabar 2012’ is an annual naval exercise between India and:
a. Japan b. Russia c. France d. USA
24. Which of the following countries has topped the list of 27 MDR-TB high-burden countries worldwide?
a. India b. Bangladesh c. China d. Pakistan
25. The Union Minister for Rural Development, Drinking Water and Sanitation, Jairam Ramesh, has announced a national award for sanitation and water – in the name of:
a. Sant Gadge Baba b. Sant Vadiraja Tirtha c. Sant Variyar Swamigal d. Swami Yogaswami
1. (c) Germany
2. (b) Soumitra Chatterjee
3. (d) The Big Miss
4. (a) Port of Southampton
5. (c) China
6. (d) Bengaluru
7. (d) Mulayam Singh Yadav
8. (a) Kenya
9. (b) Jim Yong Kim
10. (c) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
11. (b) Haryana
12. (d) RK Pachauri
13. (a) 15 June 2012
14. (c) Yemen
15. (a) 21 March
16. (a) Tamil Nadu
17. (c) Tusha Mittal
18. (d) Chintan
19. (a) Irina Bokova
20. (b) ‘Padho aur Padhao’
21. (a) Swami Agnivesh
22. (c) India
23. (d) USA
24. (c) China
25. (a) Sant Gadge Baba
- Understanding Marketing Concepts with Examples
- What is Adaptive Leadership?
- Difference between Selling Concept and Marketing Concept
- How to Write a mail requesting for additional feature
- What are Management Skills?
- The Basics of Data Analytics
- Importance of Communication in Data Analytics
- Data Analysis and Data Analytics Differences
- What Is Data Analytics? And Uses of Data Analytics in Business
- How to Protect Your Digital Profile