Common Admission Test (CAT) is a computer based test given in India to test Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning. The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) use the test as an important component in selecting students for the business administration programs. To get a complete idea about Common Admission Test (CAT), please read my earlier CAT Question and Answer (1-25), here.
26. The maximum ratio of the number of novels issued to the number of members in a class is nearly:
(a) 9.44 (b) 5.53 (c) 6.32 (d) 7.43 – Ans : d
27. The average number of books issued to any one member is nearly the average number of novels issued to any member of class:
(a) A (b) B (c) C (d) D – Ans : b
28. The number which is five times the excess of the total number of books issued to C class members over the total number of books issued to A class member is nearly the number denoting the total number of:
(a) members (b) sports magazine issued (c) novels issued (d) other books issued (Ans: d)
29. If the number of novels issued to the classes C and D were treated as sports Magazine to these two classes, with no issue of novels to them, then the total number of Sports Magazine issued to the members of all classes, as a percentage of the total number of novels and other books issued to the members of all classes, is:
(a) 54.3% (b) 60.4% (c) 50.7% (d) 57% – Ans : a
30. The sum of the averages of the total number of books issued to the members of the different classes is nearly … times the average of the total number of all the books issued to the members of all classes:
(a) 3.6 (b) 5.6 (c) 4.7 (d) 6.3 – Ans : c
Directions: Refer to the following table to answer the questions that follow.
31. For the shares having a price of Rs. 1000 or more, a weightage of 15% each is allotted, for those in the range of Rs. 500 to 1000, a weightage of 10% each is allotted and for the remaining weightage of 5% each is allotted. Then what would be the sensitivity index of the P & P Stock Exchange? (Given that sensitive index is the weighted average of the 10 shares listed above with their current market trends.
(a) 1301 (b) 1250 (c) 1420 (d) 1023 – Ans : d
32. If Dharamchand purchased 200 shares of Swatantra Computer on 2nd June and sold them on 16th June, then what would be the profit made? (in Rs.)
(a) 151018 (b) 162195 (c) 146734 (d) 175960 – Ans : a
33. Dharamchand purchases shares of Media Graphics on 16th June from the total profit he made in the above problem and sold them two weeks later so as to buy shares of ICBI. How many ICBI Shares can he buy assuming that the shares continue with the same trend?
(a) 650 (b) 755 (c) 850 (d) 695 – Ans : b
34. If the shares continue to show the same trend on the stock market, then the total value of all the DSQ Telesystem shares in the market on 14th July will be (assuming the volume traded remains the same):
(a) Rs. 25 billion (b) Rs. 12 billion (c) Rs. 57 billion (d) Rs. 89 billion – Ans : b
35. If shares of Reliable and Z Telefilms continue their trends on the stock market, then by which date should the price of both the shares approximately be the same? (Assuming that today is 16th June, 2000)
(a) 30th June, 2000 (b) 14th July, 2000 (c) 28th July, 2000 (d) 11th August, 2000 – Ans: b
Directions: In each question, there are two statements A and B, either of which can be true or false on the basis of the information given below.
The following table shows the requirements of different professionals by ABC Ltd., a large company, for its National (N) and International (I) operations, over different years.
Choose (a) if only statement (A) is true
Choose (b) if only statement (B) is true
Choose (c) if only statement (A) is true
Choose (d) if neither statement (A) nor statement (B) is true
36. Statement A: Others category shows a more than 45% share of the total national requirement of ABC Ltd. over the entire period 1995 – 2000?
Statement A: Accountants category shows a more than 45% share of the total national requirement of ABC Ltd. over the entire period 1995 – 2000?
Ans : a
37. Statement A: Over the entire period 1995 – 2000, the National requirement of Engineers category as a percentage of its international requirement for the same year has shown a steady growth.
Statement B: No category shows a steady growth in the National requirements as a percentage of its international requirements over the entire period 1995 – 2000.
Ans : b
38. Statement A: The maximum value of National requirement of Lawyers as a percentage of International requirements of lawyers for the same year is seen in the year 1997.
Statement B: The maximum value of National requirement of Lawyers as a percentage of International requirements of lawyers for the same year is seen in the year 2000.
Ans : a
39. Statement A: The average percentage growth rate to Total (National + International) requirement over the entire period 1995 – 2000 turns out to be between 50% and 60%.
Statement B: The average percentage growth rate to Total (National + International) requirement over the entire period 1995 – 2000 turns out to be between 100% and 110%.
Ans : d
40. Statement A: The ratio of MBAs required for National and International operations of ABC Ltd. in the year 1995 is greater than 1.
Statement B: The ratio of MBAs required for National and International operations of ABC Ltd. in the year 1995 is less than 1.
Ans : b
Directions: The following bar graph shows the actual inflows and FDI approvals (in Rs. billion) for the given years. Refer to the graph to answer the questions that follow.
(Rs. in billion)
41. The maximum change in Realisation rate from previous year occurs in which of the following years? (Without consideration of sign.)
(a) 1992 (b) 1995 (c) 1998 (d) 2000 – Ans : a
42. The year having the maximum Realisation rate is:
(a) 2000 (b) 1996 (c) 1998 (d) 1991 – Ans : d
43. How many years show a Realisation rate more than the average realization rate for the given period?
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 6 – Ans : c
44. FDI approvals in 1999 is how much percent more (or less) than the difference between FDI approvals and inflows in year 1997?
(a) More, 26.16% (b) Less, 26.26% (c) More, 18.98% (d) Less, 18.98% – Ans : b
45. The sum of actual inflows in year 1995 and year 1997 is how much percent more or less than the difference between the FDI approvals and actual inflows in year 1999?
(a) More, 83.3% (b) Less, 83.3% (c) More, 102% (d) Less, 102% – Ans : c