CBSE Class 12 CIVIL Engineering Theory Question Papers
CBSE Question Paper – 2010, CIVIL ENGINEERING (Theory), Class – XII
Time allowed: 3 hours
Maximum Marks: 70
1. (a) [5marks] What is the role of cement in concrete? Enlist names of any three properties of Cement which
can be tested in a laboratory.
1. (b) [5marks] What do you understand by timber? Name the timber, suitable for the following Purposes.
- (i) Making good furniture.
- (ii) Making door shutters
2. (a) [5marks] Name a fire resistant material. What should be the properties of such a material?
(b) [5marks] What do you understand by Asphalt? Briefly explain some of its uses.
3. (a) [5marks] What different types of obstacles may be encountered during chain surveying ? Explain briefly.
(b) [5marks] Explain the importance of proper ventilation in a building.
4. (a) [5marks] Briefly explain various uses of cement mortar.
(b) [5marks] What is the use of a Dumpy level? Can you measure vertical angles with its Help?
5. (a) [5marks]Suggest a suitable type of foundation for a brick wall. Draw a line sketch of it.
(b) [5marks] Enlist names of various types of floors. Briefly describe any one of them.
6. (a) [5marks] Write the names of any two types of roof truss. Draw their line diagrams.[5marks]
(b) [5marks] What are W.B.M. roads? Are they suitable for fast moving heavy traffic? If yes, How? If no, why?
7. [5×2marks] Write short notes on any five of the following:
- (i) Identification of timber
- (ii) Brick floors
- (iii) Precautions to prevent dampness in buildings
- (iv) Curing
- (v) Uses of bitumen
- (vi) Applications of theodolite
- (vii) Elements of road structure
- Understanding Marketing Concepts with Examples
- What is Adaptive Leadership?
- Difference between Selling Concept and Marketing Concept
- How to Write a mail requesting for additional feature
- What are Management Skills?
- The Basics of Data Analytics
- Importance of Communication in Data Analytics
- Data Analysis and Data Analytics Differences
- What Is Data Analytics? And Uses of Data Analytics in Business
- How to Protect Your Digital Profile